Although the picture is in black and white, a more colourful sort
of style can be seen in the cover of "Vibe" magazine here simply by a
bright red to add something a bit more visually interesting to the page. I also
plan to mainly include a black and white theme to my own magazine with only a
sporadic addition of bright colours which may help in drawing attention. Although
I am unsure of which colours I will use on my magazine as well as the black and
white, this is a colour scheme I have also seen on other magazines whilst doing
research and so I feel a similar style to this would be well received. This use
of only one single colour creates alot more impact as it is not what is seen in
magazines on a day-to-day basis and is probably reserved for special issues
which I will try to give the feel of with my magazine. For my music magazine I will be intending to keep in with the
theme of others in the genre in order to make my magazine appeal to the current
readers of these. I will be basing my research mainly on "Vogue" type
magazines centered around the music industry and what is currently popular. The
simplicity of these magazines is something I hope to continue in my own work.
One of the main attributes of a music oriented magazine is how basic and to the
point it is, only occasionally going overboard. Both can be shown in the first
two pictures however I feel that at an amateur level I may not be able to keep
my magazine so simple as to focus on just my picture and my magazine may end up
being slightly more busy, however I will try not to let this take over the
magazine.Monday, 16 January 2012
Music Magazine
Although the picture is in black and white, a more colourful sort
of style can be seen in the cover of "Vibe" magazine here simply by a
bright red to add something a bit more visually interesting to the page. I also
plan to mainly include a black and white theme to my own magazine with only a
sporadic addition of bright colours which may help in drawing attention. Although
I am unsure of which colours I will use on my magazine as well as the black and
white, this is a colour scheme I have also seen on other magazines whilst doing
research and so I feel a similar style to this would be well received. This use
of only one single colour creates alot more impact as it is not what is seen in
magazines on a day-to-day basis and is probably reserved for special issues
which I will try to give the feel of with my magazine. For my music magazine I will be intending to keep in with the
theme of others in the genre in order to make my magazine appeal to the current
readers of these. I will be basing my research mainly on "Vogue" type
magazines centered around the music industry and what is currently popular. The
simplicity of these magazines is something I hope to continue in my own work.
One of the main attributes of a music oriented magazine is how basic and to the
point it is, only occasionally going overboard. Both can be shown in the first
two pictures however I feel that at an amateur level I may not be able to keep
my magazine so simple as to focus on just my picture and my magazine may end up
being slightly more busy, however I will try not to let this take over the
magazine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is fine for early research but you need to become more focused. The two magazine covers are not very similar. In which direction are you going to try to move?
ReplyDelete